CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All bids are per lot as numbered in the catalogue and shall be sold to the highest bidder at one advance over the second highest bid. The right is reserved to group two or more lots, to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale, and to refuse to accept any bids. "Buy" bids will not be accepted.
2. There is a buyer's premium of 15%.
3. All estimates are in US dollars. All bids shall be in US dollars. Payment shall be made in US dollars.
4. All lots are sold as genuine. Requests for extensions must be made in writing at the time the bid is placed. Lots placed on extension must be paid for upon receipt of invoice. All expenses for expertizing shall be borne by the purchaser. Lots must be submitted to a mutually agreed upon expert committee. Should a lot be certified not genuine by a recognized authority, the expertizing fees and shipping costs shall be borne by Victoria Stamp Company.
5. Any lot which is incorrectly described may be returned intact within 7 days of receipt. The following lots may not be returned: lots containing 10 or more stamps or covers; lots which were photographed (for reasons of centering, perfs or defects visible in photograph); lots described as faulty or "as is".
6. Payment for lots. Purchasers known to us or who have established credit prior to the sale, may at our discretion, have their lots shipped prior to payment. Bidders who have not established credit with us must remit payment upon receipt of invoice and lots will be shipped when their funds have cleared. Accounts which remain unpaid after 30 days shall be subject to a late payment charge of 2% per month. New York residents will be charged 8% sales tax. Shipping and handling is extra and shall be paid by the buyer.
7. Purchasers wishing to collect their lots at the close of the auction will be charged New York City sales tax in the amount of 8.875% and lots shipped to NY addresses from Sharon Springs, NY will be charged 8% unless a valid resale number has been submitted.
8. Overseas Bidders: Please place your bids in US dollars. Payment for lots secured may be either in US dollars by check or bank transfer or by credit card. We regret we can no longer accept checks drawn in sterling. Members of the trade, kindly provide a VAT or resale number.
9. You may charge your purchases to American Express, MasterCard or VISA. Payment by credit card is subject to a 3% surcharge. Please enter your account number, expiration date, security code and card type on your bidsheet.
10. The placing of a bid constitutes acceptance of these conditions of sale.
CATALOGUES USED: 2021 Scott Classic Catalogue
2022 Stanley Gibbons Catalogue
AT PRESS TIME £1 = $1.37, €1 = $1.17, A$ = $0.72, C$ = $0.78, NZ$ = $0.70
VICTORIA STAMP COMPANY SUBSCRIBES TO THE ASDA CODE OF CONDUCT AND IS AN ASDA ACCREDITED AUCTION FIRM.